[Tilecache] Re: Import Error in TileCache under Apache CGI

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu Dec 15 12:23:25 EST 2011

2011/12/15 Jorge Arévalo <jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to load a MBTiles cache and I'm getting this error:
>
> An error occurred: No module named MBTiles
>  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Service.py", line 103, in _load
>    cache = cache)
>  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Service.py", line 63, in
> _loadFromSection
>    object_module = import_module("TileCache.Layers.%s" % type)
>  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Service.py", line 36, in
> import_module
>    mod = __import__(name)
>
> Same problem with cache types: TMS, GoogleDisk. WMS basic example works fine.
>
> My tilecache.cfg file:
>
> [cache]
> type=Disk
> base=C:/cache
>
> [mb_tiles]
> type=MBTiles
> base=C:/data
> ext=mbtiles
>
> TileCache 2.11 running as CGI under Apache 2. Windows 7 box.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Jorge Arévalo
> Internet & Mobility Division, DEIMOS
> jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
> http://mobility.grupodeimos.com/
> http://www.libregis.org
> http://geohash.org/ezjqgrgzz0g

Ok, I was defining caches as if they were layers. Now I have this:

[cache]
type=MBTiles
base=C:/data
ext=mbtiles

[my_layer]
?????

I don't know how to define my layer, because I only have a bunch of
tiles in a MBTiles file. I don't have any WMS or MapServer layer.

Am I in the right way to serve my MBTiles file?

Thanks in advance

jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com