[Tilecache] Re: SOLVED: Combine Mapnik generate_tiles.py w/ TileCache

maw269 maw269 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:51:38 EST 2011

>>How do I make TileCache spit out tiles in the z/x/y directory scheme?

I finally found the answer - Set your [cache] to GoogleDisk within the
tilecache.cfg:

[cache]
type=GoogleDisk
base=/Tomcat-6.0/webapps/geoserver/data

The TileCache description (http://tilecache.org/docs/Caches.html) of this
setting doesn't really spell it out:
GoogleDisk -
"A simple subclass of the Disk cache, this switches the Y tile ordering on
the disk, so Google Maps users can easily access tiles directly (e.g.
bypassing tilecache.py, if all tiles have been pre-rendered) with a simple
CustomTileUrl function"