[Tilecache] wms_name

Aníbal Pacheco anibal.pacheco at agesic.gub.uy
Thu Jan 20 08:30:48 EST 2011

I want to acces the remote WMS server via TileCache, my design is this:

remote WMS <- local tilecache <- local mapfile <- local pmapper <- user

So, it would be good if I can rewrite what is in the mapfile to the
tilecache conf (the lines in the first post).

On 01/19/2011 07:20 PM, christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:
> I'm assuming that you're saying you want to access the MapServer
> WMS Layer via TileCache; in that case, you just say:
>
>   layers=argentia_brasil
>
> The wms_name is from MapServer to your cascaded server,
> not from TileCache to MapServer.
>
> (If you wanted to talk to the remote server directly,
> you can just provide a layers=2,3,12,13 -- TileCache
> doesn't really care.)
>
> -- Chris
>
> On Jan 19, 2011, at 3:34 PM, ext Aníbal Pacheco wrote:
>
>> Hello list, setting up tilecache with CGI was out-of-the-box, great!.
>> But now I have a problem trying to map a WMS layer defined in mapserver to tilecache, the layer takes several layers from a WMS service.
>>
>> Here is the definition in the .map:
>>
>> LAYER
>>      NAME "argentina_brasil"
>>      TYPE POLYGON
>>      STATUS ON
>>      CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
>>      CONNECTION "http://somedomain.com/somepath/WMSServer"
>>      METADATA
>>          "DESCRIPTION" "Argentina_Brasil"
>>          "wms_srs" "EPSG:32721"
>>          "wms_name" "2,3,12,13"
>>          "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
>>          "wms_format" "image/png"
>>      END
>> END
>>

>> The wms_name is the problem, how to write that in the tilecache conf?
>>
>> Thanks

Ing. Aníbal Pacheco
Asesor Gerencia de Proyectos
AGESIC