[Tilecache] Re: Tilecache and QGIS status bar messagge

aborruso aborruso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:41:12 EST 2012

Hi Puneet,
thank you.

Puneet Kishor wrote

> On Feb 24, 2012, at 11:11 AM, aborruso wrote:
>
> 0 tiles request in background: nothing is being requested
> 0 cache hits: nothing was found in the cache
> 13 cache misses: 13 tiles were requested but not found in the cache, so
> they were requested from the server
> 0 errors: no snafu
>
> Try reloading the exact same view and check the messages again.

Please look at this video:
http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/clnZFQz6I

I make some pan and zoom and generate the relative tiles. Then starting from
00:40 time my map requests are always in the same area, and it's no more
necessary to produce tiles, and the number of tiles does not change any
more. This is right, but in QGIS status bar I have "... cache misses".

Is it normal?

Best regards,

Andrea