[Tilecache] Qgis and TileCache: download of capabilities failed

bonushenricus bonushenricus at linux.it
Sun May 13 02:22:35 EDT 2012

Hi
I will use qgis with farmers in the country without internet with my
laptop for make maps for agricultural assurance.
So I installed tilecache and configured the wms service of the italian
region where I work.
This all works fine: pan in the map of qgis and the folder tilecache has
gradually filled!
But when I tried to use qgis off-line qgis didn't find the wms
'http:://localhost/cgi-bin/tilecache.cgi' and gives me this error:
"Could not understand the response. The wms provider said: Download of
capabilities failed. Host localhost not found"

In the Desktop computer I try the same configuration of tile cache, qgis
and /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and I haven't problem, so I don't
understand.

More info:
I use
Debian 6.0
Qgis 1.7.0
Tilecache 2.03-2
apache 2.2.16-6+squeeze4

Nobody had the same problem?
--
Enrico Gabrielli
Linux count registered user #518831 - Gnu/Linux Debian 6.0