[Tiling] How to Find Tiles

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at bogosoft.com
Tue Sep 14 12:37:22 EDT 2010

On 13.09.2010, at 23:42, <christopher.schmidt at nokia.com> <christopher.schmidt at nokia.com> wrote:
[...]
> Does this make some sense? This isn't a finalized thought in any way, this
> is just a first attempt at trying to toss together something I've been
> bouncing around in my head for a while.

I like the idea to have a document that describes the tile structure in the simplest possible way, but it should not  make more complicated things impossible, e.g with custom level resolutions.

> If we can create a simple spec that's aligned with OpenSearch or WMC, I think
> that we might have more traction for uptake, and make client implementation
> simpler to boot.

Yeah, maybe we should brainstorm for some OpenTile spec. It would be great to have one document that can describe all tile schemas/services that are in use. It would allow us to use existing "services" that don't follow a standard (like OSM).

Regards,
Oliver