[Tiling] Tilestore Benchmarks

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon May 2 09:35:54 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I promised to post my benchmarks of an SQLite based tile store. I had to rerun my tests with different options and different cache sizes, but here are finally the results:

http://dev.mapproxy.org/misc/tilestorebench/

As you'll notice, SQLite is faster in any benchmark and some of the numbers are quite impressive.

With a hot filecache, the SQLite store peeked at 26k tiles/s while the file system peeked only at 2.5k (the graphs are smoothed with a running average of 10). Even for tile sets that do not fit in memory SQLite is much faster (~300 vs. ~150t/s with meta requests, ~85 vs ~40t/s for complete random requests).

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de