[Tiling] Tilestore Benchmarks

Arne Kepp arne at tiledmarble.org
Mon May 2 10:34:32 EDT 2011

These results are great, doesn't look like SQLite should not be a
bottleneck. I have basically the same question as Steve, is SQLite
better at getting the attention of the filesystem cache? (What does the
memory allocation look like towards the end of those runs ?)

Things you can hopefully add, to make it easier to compare the results:
What filesystem did you use during these tests?
What options was the filesystem mounted with, such as noatime or
writeback caching? (The latter is key if you compare with async sqlite.)
What is the block size of the filesystem?

-Arne