[TOSprint] 2010 Rooms

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 19 11:58:36 EST 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Folks,
>
> OK, I need a quick feel from the room. We can get rooms for ~$115 a
> night (probably more for larger ones, but that for singles) at a hotel
> (http://www.thesohotel.com/) which is about 500m from the sprint site
> (http://bit.ly/3uegfU) but only if we do the weekend of Jan 15.
>
> Or, we can get single rooms for $149 a night at the Holiday Inn
> (http://www.hidowntown-nyc.com/) that is directly across the street
> from the sprint site and has a good deal more date flexibility
> (probably would be in the Feb/Mar timeframe).
>
> Can I get responses ASAP please?
>
> (a) cheaper but inconvenient and spartan
> (b) more expensive but convenient and luxurious

I have to go with (b) since I can't do mid-January so Feb-March is
better for me.

I just did a quick lookup and hotels aren't exactly cheap in that area.
   Even 149$ sounds like a deal. :(

However if we go a little North it seems to get a little cheaper [1]...
how's da commute from e.g. 46th street to the sprint site?

Daniel

[1] Comfort Inn Midtown on 46th street at 119$/night for Feb 5-9 on
http://choicehotels.ca. This hotel is listed #24 of 419 hotels in NYC on
tripadvisor.com... better than the Holiday Inn's #252 ranking... not
sure what the catch is...
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d112021-Reviews-Comfort_Inn_Midtown-New_York_City_New_York.html