[TOSprint] New York Code Sprint 2010 - Parking near Hotel

Devin Blakley devin.blakley at newlighttechnologies.com
Wed Jan 20 15:38:44 EST 2010

All,

I called the hotel to see if the group rate for the stay at the hotel
included parking.  They mentioned that it does not, and parking rates are as
follows:

Valet Parking available on-site

.         They take the car to the garage 6 blocks away

o   $55.00 per day for standard vehicle

o   $65.00 per day for SUV

o   $75.00 per day for Oversized SUVs and Minivans

I'm thinking with those rates I may end up taking the train in from DC to
NY.

I would assume normal parking rates if we walked and parked would be around
$25.00-$35.00 per day.

If anyone else is interested in car-pooling between DC and NY let me know
and maybe we can arrange some way to even out the parking costs.  Or do a
little more research to see if there are some cheaper garages around the
hotel area.

Sincerely,

Devin