[TOSprint] Montreal Dates?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 12 10:26:26 EST 2010

Hi Everyone,

Following up on this, I have created a page for the Montreal Code Sprint
in the wiki this morning:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Montreal_Code_Sprint_2011

You can already start signing up to show your intention to participate,
and fill the agenda with tasks that each project plans to work on.

I also sent out a call for venues through my blog this morning
(http://bit.ly/cYZhxj) and already got expressions of interest for a
couple of very interesting options.

Finally, we need to find a theme for this year. I'll start a separate
thread for that.

Daniel

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> I'm on it. I'm trying to find space with private companies before
> looking into hotels, because Internet at hotels is not always reliable,
> no matter what they tell you (I speak from experience).
>
> I have a contact who is in Montreal this week, he runs a private IT
> school here in Chicoutimi and is meeting with a bunch of people who run
> similar schools in Montreal this week. I told him what we're looking
> for, he will see if any of them could provide us some space and get back
> to me at the beginning of next week.
>
> If that doesn't work then I'll look into using space in a hotel but I
> see that as a second choice.
>
> This makes me think that I should send a call on the OSGeo-Qc list in
> case someone on the list knows of a good location... I'll do that now.
>
> Daniel
>
> Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> As Paul said I am also very excited...I'm not missing this one!
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 10-11-12 11:20 AM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>>> Everyone is excited about the sprint, including me! Jeff and I talked
>>> about it a number of times while in Japan, and the one thing we need
>>> most is dates: that way we can be sure not to (unintentionally)
>>> double-book the sprint :) Any news on the search for space and time?

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/