[TOSprint] IslandWood update -- not enough money, unfortunately

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Aug 1 14:49:37 EDT 2011

Today is August 1st, the date I set to put down the deposit.

I am pleased to announce that we have 4 sponsors now:

    Airborne Interactive  ($1500)
    Anonymous CUGOS  ($750)
    Development Seed  ($750)
    LizardTech  ($750)

We also have 7 registered attendees, for a total of about $7500 in cash.
Thank you all.

However, this is not enough for our required $12K deposit with IslandWood.
While we do have an additional $5K pledged plus $2K coming from the previous
years' surplus, without the cash in hand I'm not willing to put my money (or
your money) at risk by signing a contract with IslandWood and putting down a
deposit.

I've told IslandWood I will get back to them in a couple weeks with an
update.  If we have more money by then, and the space is still available,
then I'll proceed.  Otherwise, I won't be able to.

-mpg