[TOSprint] IslandWood sprint -- money talks...

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Sat Jul 9 21:09:56 EDT 2011

After talking over rates with the folks at IslandWood, our sprint would need
to raise approximately $25000.  This cost covers:

  - 30 people
  - arrival evening of Feb 5th, departure afternoon of Feb 9th
  - single occupancy rooms
  - 3 square meals a day, plus coffee and snacks
  - 1 good conference room
  - 1 "social / team-building" event

The only thing this does not include is alcohol.  (cash bar service is
available for extra charge)

If each attendee pays $525, and we get ten $750 sponsors, and we use the
$2000 left over from previous years, then we would break even.  (In the
past, people have really only needed to pay their lodging costs, so asking
for $525 "registration fee" is like a $131/night room rate.)  If we get more
sponsorships or something, the $525 rate will be reduced accordingly.

We would need to raise $12,500 right now in order to reserve the space.

So, if we want to make this happen:

  **  Who is willing to pay $525 registration right now, and who is willing
to pay $750 (or more!) sponsorship right now?  **

-mpg

[PS- I have the full price breakdowns in a spreadsheet, ask me if you want a
copy.  In fact, might be nice for someone to check my math.]