[TOSprint] Seattle codesprint in 2012?

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Thu Mar 17 14:36:55 EDT 2011

It's early I know, but I'm considering volunteering to host next year's
sprint in Seattle, in partnership with LizardTech, CUGOS, and others.

There possible venues that might be available:

 - a certain well-known, large company that does some geo work [which I
won't name until I've talked to them (no, not Microsoft)]

- University of Washington

- IslandWood (http://islandwood.org/)

This last option is very much a dark horse candidate, but would be my
favorite.  IslandWood would be a code sprint more like the recent Bolsena
event, in that we'd be "in residence" in a few hundred acres of woods and
not near any restaurants or bars -- but they have fabulous dining facilities
on site and cool eco-stuff all over.  [disclaimer: IslandWood is on the
island where Mike Rosen and I both live]

If anyone has any thoughts on picking Seattle or the suggested venues,
please let me know.

-mpg