[TOSprint] Sponsoring

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Sep 12 07:29:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

>On 08/31/2013 10:10 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> Folks,
>> unfortunately I am not sure whether I can attend myself due to
>> conflicting event timing but I'd be interested in sponsoring this event
>> anyway given it will give me some media presence.
>>
>> In order to decide I'd like to know what media presence you are
>> planning. Is it just the OSGeo Wiki page or are you going to have a news
>> item or press release from OSGeo, links from blogs, etc. Maybe you can
>> elaborate a bit?
>>
>> Stephan,
>> I added the [[Category:Code Sprints]] to the Vienna 2014 page.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Arnulf
>

>Hi Arnulf,
>
>good point, to be honest I'm not the most experienced media person but I
>guess I should be able to write a summary after the event for a press
>release from OSGeo mentioning sponsors. What are the requirements,
>processes, etc. for an OSGeo press release? I guess I could need some
>help or guidance from somebody who has done it before though.
>
>I definitely plan to write some posts on my personal blog (not very high
>traffic from either side *sigh*) which can be of course re-used.
>
>Finally, twitter comes to my mind. I could provide tweets mentioning
>sponsors maybe for the OSGeo account. Again my question about processes,
>etc?
>
>I'll make sure to add the conclusion of this discussion to the wiki page.

this year I had a chance to manage that Austrian radio broadcast (ORF Ö1) reports from EGU 2013-Open Source (GIS) sessions:

radio report, interview, web article (with link to OSGeo)

Nicht umsonst: Open Source in der Forschung
http://science.orf.at/stories/1716081/

maybe this could be a starting point for a follow up media work regarding OSGeo Vienna Code Sprint 2014.

Helmut