[TOSprint] 2015 OSGeo Code Sprint in Philadelphia

Robert Cheetham cheetham at azavea.com
Thu Aug 14 11:17:28 PDT 2014

OSGeo Developers,

At this year's code sprint in Vienna, Azavea was asked to consider reviving
our proposal to host a code sprint in Philadelphia.  We've done some
research on venues and have a couple of possibilities.  I've revised our
2014 proposal and now have a 2015 proposal page up at
*http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Code_Sprint_2015
<http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Code_Sprint_2015>*

While Azavea could potentially host a smaller sprint (up to 40) in our
office, we'd like to anticipate the kind of crowd that attended this year's
code sprint in Vienna.

I would also like to propose that we consider expanding the scope by
inviting both OSGeo and the Eclipse Foundation's LocationTech
<http://www.locationtech.org/> projects (JTS, uDig, GeoTrellis, GeoMesa,
Geogig, GeoJini, etc.).  There are several developers that work on both
OSGeo and LocationTech projects, and we think this would be an opportunity
for people to work together.  That said, this would also likely require a
larger venue and there are likely other considerations before pursuing this
idea.

I'm interested in your feedback.  I'd like to potentially book a block of
hotel rooms as well as settle on some dates.

Best,

Robert

------------------
Robert Cheetham

Azavea  |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
cheetham at azavea.com  | T 215.701.7713  | F 215.925.2663
Web azavea.com <http://www.azavea.com/>  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  |
Twitter @ <http://goog_858212415>rcheetham <http://twitter.com/rcheetham>
 and @azavea <http://twitter.com/azavea>

*Azavea is a B Corporation <http://www.bcorporation.net/what-are-b-corps> -
we apply geospatial technology to create better communities *
*while advancing the state-of-the-art through research. Join us in creating
a better world.*