[TOSprint] Invitation to a CartoTalk

Manuela Schmidt manuela.schmidt at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 20 06:33:40 PST 2014

Dear sprinters,

This is Manu from the Vienna University of Technology. We heard you will
be in town in March and would love to invite you to give a CartoTalk [1]
at our department :)   We already talked to Andreas Neumann and he
agreed to give a presentation about QGIS. We would love to invite one
more person - maybe to speak about FOSS4G/OSGeo in general? Another
topic which might be of high interest to our students: How to get
involved in open source projects? First steps, how to lose the fear to
do something wrong, how do you organize your work, etc...

As for the date, unfortunately, we can only offer Monday, March 24,
3-5pm. This might be an obstacle for some of you, I reckon (e.g. Jeff
won't be here on Monday yet). However, for anyone who will be in Vienna
already: I would be very happy to hear from you!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Manu

[1] CartoTalk is a format for colleagues and students:
http://cartography.tuwien.ac.at/cartotalks/

--
DI(FH) Manuela Schmidt
Research Group Cartography