[TOSprint] geoserver code sprint

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 00:52:26 PST 2015

I am organizing a code sprint for GeoServer (mid January, Victoria BC).

- wiki page <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Code_Sprint_2016>
- budget
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mp2xWq95t1rqwle6_WCQ0qD8D9-1icitLH0AiJQ7r4Y/edit#gid=990228872>
(as
per code sprint guidelines
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines>)

When the GeoServer PSC started planning this sprint the date for the Paris
code sprint was not set. We did check the numbers once the date was set and
found that Canada ended up being a cheaper option.

While I have organized a code sprint before, does anyone here have tips on
making this one successful?

Sponsorship is starting to come in (which is great) and we should meet our
modest budget. The GeoServer PSC has focused on travel costs (being a key
factor in bringing participants together for this work party). I was
initially very concerned as the sprint topic, UI maintenance, is not very
flashy.

I see both sprint and hackfest being thrown around by OSGeo projects - is
there an actual difference in these two terms?
--
Jody Garnett