[TOSprint] Feb 7-11 Code Sprint Update

Steve Lehr steve at qpublic.net
Wed Jan 18 18:32:22 PST 2017

Good news sprinters..our numbers are increasing and so are our sponsors.  At this point we estimated we'd need about $14,500 to run the sprint, and we have $8,000 of that so far in sponsorships.  So that's pretty awesome.  We got a little of a late start planning this, and the University taking time to make the decision, but we are good and now have the full support of the University.  The President definitely knows about the Sprint and she hopes to stop in at GIS Night Tuesday Night to give a quick welcome.

Thanks for all the help from the folks that have done this before.  If you are on the fence about coming, down, jump on Orbitz and check out the flight prices and come on down to Sunny FLA.  It was 80 degrees F this afternoon.  Did I mention we have the Atlantic Ocean 10 miles away, and the Ocean Deck for an after coding Mojito and mahi-mahi sandwich...

If things are tight, I'm sure we can find you some one to room up with to cut expenses, as we should have meals/entertainment mostly covered by our generous sponsors.  Make sure you look into flying into Sanford as well, as Allegiant Airlines can have some sweet deals.  Though flying into Daytona is definitely easiest.

All the best.
Steve Lehr