[TOSprint] 2018 sprint in Bonn in march 2018 - wiki page created

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 19 09:18:44 PDT 2017

Hi Till,

Regarding the adventure/challenge: the important thing is that the
Charter Member meeting must not interfere with attendees wanting to work
on their projects, so that is why we are proposing to use the day before
the sprint starts, the Sunday.

In terms of the number of attendees for the Charter Members meeting,
obviously not all charter members will be attending the code sprint, but
we could aim for 50 to 100 for the Charter Members meeting (100 seems
high, but that is my goal).  I think Venka mentioned a goal of 150.  I
think a range of 50 to 100 is possible.  There are a lot of factors
involved, including that most will be flying in / arriving to Bonn on
that Sunday, so the exact timing of the Charter Members meeting could be
important (that is why I initially thought of having the meeting later
in the day on that Sunday).

To be honest, even if we get 20 Charter Members together, planning face
to face (not through the thousands of emails I had to parse these past 3
weeks), talking and deciding on how to leverage OSGeo Charter Members,
how to operate the 2018 election, then this meeting is a success to me.

Those are my thoughts.

Thanks for asking about reserving the Sunday at tomorrow's meeting.

-jeff