[TOSprint] Feedback from OSGeo Code Sprint Bonn - call out for next OSGeo Code Sprint

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Fri Jun 1 01:42:32 PDT 2018

Hello,

here is some feedback from OSGeo Code Sprint.

We had a great event with about 100 participants from many projects and
from all over the world. Looks like projects worked very successfull
during the week.

* OSGeo Foundation News:
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/impressions-from-osgeo-code-sprint-2018-in-bonn/
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018

* we had 8 sponsors + OSGeo and FOSSGIS e.V.
* we did not spend all the money that we received from sponsoring
(detailed list will follow)

What we have
* new mail address communitysprint at osgeo.org -> to use to promote the
event (please contact me if you want to use it for the next code sprint)
* contacts to sponors (private document)
* text templates: textes to send to sponsors / template for invoices,
* script to generate nameplate for lanyards easily

Now the question is were the next OSGeo code sprint will take place and
when? We have many small code sprints connected to FOSS4G events
already.

Some people gave feedback, that it would be nice to have an OSGeo Code
Sprint in Bonn at BaseCamp again. The Bonn team is open to organize such
a sprint again.

Greetings from Germany Astrid

--
Astrid Emde