[Ubuntu] OSSIM in Ubuntu-GIS

Gedas Vaitkus gedas.vaitkus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:41:50 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I am sure most of you have heard of an excellent piece of remote sensing
software called OSSIM (http://www.ossim.org). I compiled it and used
some time ago on Ubuntu 8.10, but now can't recollect the procedure
completely and OSSIM_QT it's not building for me on Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit.

I wonder if someone have done it successfully, and if so, could you
please upload OSSIM and OSSIM_QT (preferably built on QT4) to
Ubuntu-GIS. Having OSSIM on Ubuntu-GIS would add a sufficient value to
the Ubuntu-GIS project, as this well-established open source software is
successfully used in many production environments. There is also
OssimPlanet, but this is not essential for remote sensing data
processing purposes, as it does mostly 3D visualization, simulation,
etc.

A few resources:
OSSIM source code: http://www.ossim.org/OSSIM/Developers.html
OSSIM documentation: http://www.ossim.org/OSSIM/Documentation.html
OSSIM build instruction for Ubuntu 8.10:
http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/Ubuntu-8.10Build

Thanks in advance :)

Gedas Vaitkus
-
Institute of Aerial Geodesy,
Applied Research Center
Pramones 13, 51327 Kaunas, Lithuania
TEL: +370 37 755226; FAX: +370 37 451497
GSM: +370 620 72870