[Ubuntu] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [GRASS-stats] [Fwd: Re: [R-sig-Geo] Errror with gmeta6()]]]

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 05:29:25 EDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Fwd: Re: [GRASS-stats] [Fwd: Re: [R-sig-Geo] Errror with
gmeta6()]]
Date: 	Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:27:07 +0200
From: 	Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com>
To: 	"Jürgen E. Fischer" <jef at norbit.de>, ubuntu at lists.osgeo.org, Markus
Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>

Jürgen,
If I delete grass.conf, purge grass and install again, I get the error:
g.region: error while loading shared libraries: libgrass_vect.so: cannot
Error in if (file.exists(file) == FALSE) if (!missing(asText) && asText
==  :
  argument is of length zero
Error in parseGRASS(cmd) : g.region not parsed

grass.conf must include the line
/usr/lib/grass64/lib
and not
/usr/lib/grass/lib
as it does by default with the current ubutugis installation (I think)

After modifying grass.conf, I have to run ldconfig
and things go back to normality

I feel in the middle of a nobody's land. Hope someone at ubuntugis
will get interested on the error. It's solved for me, but
sure others will be confused. Anybody willing to fix this problem,
please contact me for full details.

Agus