[Ubuntu] Introduction: Steve Geopublisher

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 17 15:13:12 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

Glad to see you interest to put your software in UbuntuGIS. Personnally, I
have no experience yet in packaging JAVA softwares. I don't really know how
they handle their dependencies (In some special cases). I suppose that could
be easily understood by looking an existing java package.

Like all new debian packager, the best think to do is to read the new
maintainers' guide: http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ , and looking a few
existing packages. In your case, the java packages. I think there are already
some Java GIS packages in debian-gis, could be a good place to start.

Regards,
Alan

--
Alan Boudreault