[Ubuntu] How do i get Geopublisher in ?

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Mon Jan 18 09:35:46 EST 2010

I'm not sure to understand how you got a .deb binary package without having
made the source package before. What's build.xml file?? How are you creating
your deb files ?

To answer to your question, no. It is not possible to just add a .deb file in
a launchpad PPA. The reason is simple, you cannot compile a deb package and
expect it will work on all ubuntu releases and different architectures by
simply copying it. I know that it's a java application and theorically we are
supposed to be able to copy the application easily between different
platforms. But the deb packages are there to ensure that all dependencies
(including java, java modules etc...) with the proper version are on the
system and that the application will work. Dependending
on the java version or a module version, the application could also use
different part of the code, who knows?

regards,
Alan

Alan Boudreault