[Ubuntu] problems with OSSIM

Pirmin Kalberer pi_deb at sourcepole.ch
Fri Jul 9 08:06:05 EDT 2010

Hi Chris,
Ossim has completely changed their build system since the last Ubuntu package
release. As soon as they release a new version, I will build a new Ubuntu
package. Looking at your discussion on the Ossim list, I will try to include
the QT3 version of imagelinker instead of the unfinished QT4 version.
Regards
Pirmin

Am Freitag, 9. Juli 2010, um 11.58:16 schrieb christopher legg:
> Dear List,
>
> I used your repository to install OSSIM under Ubuntu 10.04. The
> programme installed fine and runs, except that in ImageLinker no
> histogram is calculated. I contacted the Ossim mailing list, and was
> told that Imagelinker has not yet been completed in Qt4 and that I
> should use the older Qt3 version.
>
> I have a few years experience of using Ossim under Windows NT and have
> found it a very useful programme, especially for converting
> georeferenced satellite image bil multiband files generated in MultiSpec
> to geo-referenced jpegs for incorporation in GIS packages such as
> ArcView, QGis and Saga, and for mosaicking large groups of images. This
> is normally done through ImageLinker alone, and I have rarely used other
> parts of Ossim.
>
> I am relatively new to Linux, and am in the process of trying to migrate
> all my work (I am a freelance GIS and RS consultant) from my old Windows
> platforms to Ubuntu. I have succeeded in obtaining almost all the
> functionality that I need through a combination of real linux software
> and running some Windows applications under Wine. I still have a problem
> with satellite image processing. Opticks is an excellent package, but
> the Linux version requires a 64-nit processor, and I only have 32-bit.
>
> My immediate problem is to install the older qt3 version of Ossim
> imagelinker, which according to Ossim is fully functional under Ubuntu.
> I have found a link to the ossim-qt developers package (including qt3
> imagelinker) on the ossim website, but as a ubuntu newbie do not know
> how to install this, or what else I have to install. In the meantime I
> have uninstalled Ossim completely.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Chris Legg

Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
http://www.sourcepole.com