[Ubuntu] MrSID support into GDAL problem

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue May 25 07:55:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to add the MrSID support into GDAL as per

http://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/TutorialMrSid

but I'm getting

Extracting GDAL/MrSID tarball
Building GDAL/MrSID plugin
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
checking for gdal-config... /usr/bin/gdal-config
using /usr/lib/gdal16plugins as GDAL shared library autoload directory
checking for lt_base.h in Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include/support... not
found.
checking for lt_base.h in Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include... not found.
configure: error:   MrSID requested, but components not found.

any hint?

thanks in advance

cheers

-- Giovanni --