[Ubuntu] ECW & MrSID

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 05:22:07 EDT 2010

Hello Ivo

please take a look a these two links:

http://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/UserTutorials

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Instalar_Grass_e_QGis_no_Ubuntu_9.10_%28com_ECW_e_MrSID%29#Instala.C3.A7.C3.A3o_das_livrarias_ECW

They give a detailed description of the steps you need to perform.
The first link is what you need to do.

The second link is in portuguese (which I am assuming that you can
understand, as you have a portuguese sounding name :) ). It has a lot
more information, about how to compile GRASS, QGIS, etc, that you
don't need to do. I have included this link mainly because because it
has a link to the old ECW SDK that is the one corrently working with
GDAL. You should download it.

I followed these same steps myself, some 3 weeks ago, so I can confirm
they actually work.

It describes