[Ubuntu] could not connect to ppa:ubuntugis

Tim.Haering at lwf.bayern.de Tim.Haering at lwf.bayern.de
Tue Feb 8 05:42:37 EST 2011

Hello!

I would like to add the ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable to my system (Ubuntu 10.10) following the guidance on https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable. But unfortunately I have no success. Is there someone who can help me?

Here is my output from the terminal:
tim at lwf-ubuntu-001:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
[sudo] password for tim:
Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable: <urlopen error [Errno 110] Connection timed out>

Maybe the server is unavailable?
Or could it be a problem that I have to set a proxy server?
sudo apt-get update or
sudo apt-get install
is working correct for other archives.

Thank you.
TIM

Tim Häring
Bavarian State Institute of Forest Research
Department of Soil and Climate
Hans-Carl-von-Carlowitz-Platz 1
D-85354 Freising

E-Mail: tim.haering at lwf.bayern.de