[Ubuntu] qgis shapefile crs recognition

Brady Allred brady.allred at okstate.edu
Sat Jun 4 01:32:12 EDT 2011

Please excuse any mistakes in terminology; I am very much a novice when
it comes to packages, repositories, etc.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and have the problem described at
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3746 The CRS of properly defined
shapefiles are not recognized by QGIS. However, it is only when using
the qgis-1.6.0-4~lucid1 build from the 'ubuntugis-unstable' PPA. Using
the qgis-1.6.0-3~lucid1 build on a different computer works fine. Is it
possible that the more recent build did not include the fix for this (as
stated in the ticket above)? I have not tested it with a nightly build
from the trunk.

Not a huge problem, just more of an annoyance to specify the CRS each
time.

Thanks,

Brady