[Ubuntu] Introduction and dependencies of libgdal1-dev

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:09:00 EDT 2011

Hello,

My name is Ari Jolma and I'm the maintainer of the Perl bindings to
GDAL. I also develop a stack of Perl modules which build on those. I'm
currently in the process of building packages of those modules. They
obviously depend on UbuntuGIS packages.

I have a Launchpad account but I did not find a way to report a bug
using the Launchpad interface. Maybe I did not look hard enough. I found
this list looking at the last email to the list that is advertised on
the group's Launchpad page.

libgdal1-dev in unstable has a bug in its dependencies. At least the
dependency to package libogdi3.2-dev is missing. There may be others.

Best regards,

Ari Jolma