[Ubuntu] ubuntugis-unstable should have recent gdal

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:09:43 EST 2012

Hi,

I would like to see gdal-1.9.0 make its way into ubuntugis-unstable. I
see that it has been compiled for lucid, does that mean we can expect
it for more recent distros soon?

Also, is there active maintenance of the ubuntugis-stable and
ubuntugis-testing?  It might be useful to have only 2 versions of
ubuntugis (unstable/stable) for easier maintenance.

ubuntugis-stable: there is nothing for oneiric and  I  think that
gdal-1.8.1 should be there as well.

Let me know if there is any way I can help.

regards,
Etienne