[Ubuntu] updated proj.4 release?

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 20 10:00:54 EDT 2012

Hi Shaun,

Due to our very busy schedule... I'm afraid we will push proj 4.8  only
on the next Ubuntu release, in april. We are already late in the gdal
1.9 upgrade... which is currently only in lucid. I don't think proj has
been updated in DebianGIS neither. Upgrading it means to also rebuild
other packages that depend on it. Are you familiar with debian
packaging? Have you already upgraded a package for a new upstream release?

Regards,
Alan

On 12-03-16 05:35 PM, Shaun Walbridge wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Frank has pushed out the latest release to Proj.4, 4.8.0 [1]. Would it
> be possible to get this release packaged for distribution in UbuntuGIS
> unstable? I'm happy to help in whatever way needed.
>
> cheers,
> Shaun
>
> 1. http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2012-March/006178.html

Alan Boudreault