[Ubuntu] Package Updating

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed May 2 19:46:26 EDT 2012

The dependency order is the tricky one for sure. I've started trying to
map that https://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/BuildOrder

New volunteers, here's a draft of steps to upgrade and existing package
from oneiric to precise. If you want to give it a try, push to your own
ppa, and after verifying it all works (and you can install the package
from there) email the list and we can copy it over to the main repos.
https://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/PackageUpdates

Edits, suggestions, corrections welcome...

Right now I'm uploading gdal 1.9 for precise. After I test it will get
pushed to unstable.

I'm still working to figure out what else needs to be rebuilt for
precise in order to get QGIS 1.7.4 in both stable and unstable.

As and FYI proj 4.8, geos 3.3.x, postgis 2, qgis 1.8 will all be heading
for ubuntugis-testing repo as they get packaged. That way we don't have
to wait on any of those to get precise packages cloned now.

Thanks,
Alex