[Ubuntu] Proposals to UbuntuGIS infrastructure redesign

Ivan Minčík ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 11:36:35 PST 2013

Hi all UbuntuGIS users and developers.

Recently, there was a discussion at multiple communication channels about
possible redesign of UbuntuGIS PPA structure and rules. I would like to
start this thread in hope that it will help to move this issue forward.

I also know that it was an idea to have PSC first which will propose and
lead those changes, but as far as I know there are no nominations. Maybe
these nominations can grow also from this discussion.

I think, there was a little bit of consensus about of priority to support
LTS Ubuntu releases. Since Trusty is going to be released in few months, it
is right time to get some agreement.

I would like to kindly ask for Your proposals to PPA repositories redesign,
proposal of rules of maintenance of stable releases and policy towards
DebianGIS [2].

Mine proposal is here [1].

Thanks a lot for Your work.

--