[Ubuntu] Ubuntu Newbie I am frustrated trying to install (all things GEOS) WEB-GIS

Emeka Okoli aeokoli5 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 02:26:03 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

I am new to ubuntu SAUCY and I must confess the transition has not been
really easy for me. on windows everything seems pretty much straight
forward but I am getting frustrated because It seems when I try to install
either pyproj, gdal, mapnik, proj4, Postgre/postgis and other Web gis
packages they probably don't work together and their dependencies aren't
the same.

my question is isn't there an easy way to get all these packages to work
together?
when I install QGIS it removes something else same goes to mapnik.

I install mapnik the  other day it even crash and messed up my system, had
to do a clean OS install all over again.

I really need help on how to go about getting these installed because I
cant work without all of them.

Thanks Anthony.