[Ubuntu] Change of libgdal1 to libgdal1h - dependency problems

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 8 13:08:09 PDT 2013

Hi Pedro,

The changes are coming from Debian, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2013/06/msg00015.html
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2013/06/msg00016.html>
http://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2013/06/msg00016.html
for the explanation.

There was also a big change in postgis packaging. Some name have
changed, like postgresql-9.1-postgis which is now
postgres-9.1-postgis-2.0. So packages depending on it have to be rebuild
(They probably need postgresql-9.1-postgis2.0-scripts which contains all
the sql files). Normally they should all be updated for Lucid/Precise
now, but for packages like OTB I can't tell because I'm not maintaining
them.

Sorry for the inconvenience this updated is causing, I'm sure it'll all
be back to normal soon :).

Jérôme