[Ubuntu] packaging osmosis for Live 7

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Sun Jul 28 13:28:00 PDT 2013

Hi All -

  I noticed this

Maintainer: Debian OpenStreetMap Team < pkg-osm-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org >

  while looking around.. The reason I mentioned osmosis recently is,
the version we have on the Live is

  Osmosis Version 0.40.1

which is very stale.. many new features and filters have been added

"The stable releases below should be used whenever possible."

   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis

I verified current stable runs correctly on the Live beta1 with:

  PLANET_FILE=california-130721.osm.pbf
  ./bin/osmosis --read-pbf-fast file="$PLANET_FILE" workers=8 --b bufferCapacity=10000 --tf accept-ways "building=*" --tf accept-nodes "building=*" --tf accept-relations "building=*" --write-pbf file="buildings.osm.pbf"

  I dont know about java packaging, but osmosis seems like a decent candidate for learning how ..
I think it would be useful to have a more current version.

  best regards from Berkeley, California

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter