[Ubuntu] QGIS and saga [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Mon Nov 11 14:40:30 PST 2013

Thanks for the help Johan and Alex.

I found the checkbox under the menu: QGIS>Processing>Options and Configuration.

I can now launch the SAGA algorithm.

Bruce

From: Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw at gmail.com<mailto:johan.vandewauw at gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, 11 November 2013 9:40 PM
To: "tech at wildintellect.com<mailto:tech at wildintellect.com>" <tech at wildintellect.com<mailto:tech at wildintellect.com>>
Cc: Bruce Bannerman <B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au<mailto:B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au>>, "ubuntu at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:ubuntu at lists.osgeo.org>" <ubuntu at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:ubuntu at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu] QGIS and saga [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

There is a setting in the processing toolbox which says use 2.0.8 compatibility. Make sure that is checked.

Johan

Op 11 nov. 2013 07:42 schreef "Alex Mandel" <tech_dev at wildintellect.com<mailto:tech_dev at wildintellect.com>>:
On 11/10/2013 08:31 PM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> _Environment_
>
> Ubuntu: 12.04.03
>
> UbuntuGIS Repository: Unstable
>
> qgis: 2.0.1-Dufour
>
> saga: 2.0.8
>

> Is anyone using qgis and saga?
>
> I'm having a look at this combination as potentially part of a geoprocessing workflow.
>
> When I try and view a (saga) command through qgis geoprocessing toolbox I get the following error:
>
> "Missing dependency.This algorithm cannot be run :-(
> This algorithm requires SAGA to be run.Unfortunately, it seems that SAGA is not installed in your system, or it is not correctly configured to be used from QGIS
> Click here to know more about how to install and configure SAGA to be used with QGIS"
>
> The specific algorithm was 'Contour lines from grid'.
>

> Saga 2.0.8 had already been installed with the command:
>
> aptitude install saga
>

> Any pointers appreciated.
>
> Bruce

I have used SAGA 2.0.7 with QGIS 1.8 from Ubuntugis. I think there is
something about processing in QGIS 2 being made to work with SAGA 2.10
but there's a packaging bug related to gdal that prevents us from
putting SAGA 2.10 into the ppa right now. Johan (from SAGA) knows more
about the issue.

Try the list archives for this list and the QGIS list ( do we archive
this list on Nabble?).

Thanks,
Alex