[Ubuntu] Packaging Orfeo Toolbox for Debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 10 04:54:48 PDT 2014

Hi Rashad,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 01:46:05PM +0200, Rashad M wrote:
> >     /usr/bin/otbgui_*
> >     /usr/bin/otbcli_*
> >
> > files rather to
> >
> >     /usr/lib/otbgui
> >     /usr/lib/otbcli
> >
> > and leave only the main executable (otbgui and otbcli) in /usr/bin and
> > setting the PATH accordingly.  At least from an uninformed point where I
> > am this somehow sensible.
> >

> I dont understand this. otbcli_* and otbgui_* are scripts and loads the
> application. So moving it to /usr/lib may not be good enough.
>
> BTW. what you mean leaving only main executable?.

As I tried to express: I have no (I mean *really* no) idea about otb
just from packaging and in some cases (as I know now better not for otb)
a whole set of binaries is not  intended to be called by the users.
Meanwhile I learned from a user that this is not the case here and so
my suggestion was stupid.  Feel free to simply forget it.  Sorry for
creating confusion by making stupid suggestions.

I would be more interested in answers to the other parts of my mail and
the plan to move the package from UbuntuGIS to main Debian (to later
become a part of UbuntuGIS automatically via migration to Ubuntu.  We
discussed this strategy on the UbuntuGIS mailing list before and I hope
we could continue with this plan.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--