[Ubuntu] UbuntuGIS Report 5

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Jun 23 01:03:56 PDT 2014

Hi Jerome,

thanks for your report.

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 03:37:59PM -0400, Jerome Villeneuve Larouche wrote:
> I looked into how GeoServer was packaged and into tools like jdeb
> and the Maven Debian Helper. I tested both on some already packaged
> java applications to learn.

For the decision about the proper tools for Java packaging I *strongly*
recommend contacting the Debian Java list

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/

There is the expertise and you have contact to the people *inventing*
the tools.  Thus you can avoid a lot of pitfalls by simply asking there.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de