[Ubuntu] Question on SAGA 2.1.1 and QGIS 2.2

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Mar 23 12:15:35 PDT 2014

On 03/23/2014 10:27 AM, Randal Hale wrote:
> I have QGIS 2.2 installed and SAGA 2.1.1 (all from UbuntuGIS Unstable) -
> I can't get QGIS/sextante to find saga. I can run SAGA - I can run QGIS
> - I can't run SAGA Tools from Sextante. Anyway - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
>
> Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated - I'm in the middle of
> writing a workshop and this was something I discovered. Hopefully it's
> something I've done on this end.
>
> Randy

This is more of a QGIS question.

1st, It's not called Sextante anymore, its called Processing and is
included in QGIS. If you still have menu items called Sextante you have
an old version of the plugin sitting around. Older versions are
incompatible with SAGA 2.1+

2nd, I see both on my system and Saga algorithms in my toolbox. Do you
get an error when trying to run a tool or no tools listed? The
difference matters.

Thanks,
Alex