[Ubuntu] reviving ubuntugis

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Wed Feb 11 06:46:26 PST 2015

"Not a developer" here.

I've Ubuntu 14.04 (mate) installed - I jump back and forth between Linux
and Windows. There has been talk of a PSC for UbuntuGIS - I would like
to help except my packaging skills will do more harm than good.

There's been confusion on my end (and I'm primarily a GIS guy who uses
linux) between unstable, stable, testing etc. I would be up for dropping
testing.

Your ideas make sense for ubuntugis - I would like to do whatever to
make the UbuntuGIS repo as nice as the OSGEO install for Windows. This
sounds like a good step. I will do whatever I can do to help in my spare
time.

Randy