[Ubuntu] Removing oneiric/quantal packages

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 00:46:09 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:13 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> On Wed, 25. Feb 2015 at 22:22:38 +0100, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> To make some place I would like to delete all packages from oneiric
>> (11.10) and quantal (11.10). Both are currently unsupported by ubuntu
>> (oneiric since may 2013, quantal since may 2014).
>
> IIRC launchpad doesn't accept new packages for saucy (and probably raring too)
> anymore.  Should those be cleaned up too?

They could be cleaned up as well, but cleaning just oneiric and
quantal will probably be sufficient for now.
I already deleted some superseded packages for oneiric/quantal, and we
now have some free space already.

We should also check if we still have a package somewhere else. Eg
libgdal-oci (where we should really put our packaging under version
control preferably under d/gis).

Johan