[Ubuntu] Hardcoded GDAL version in QGIS package

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri May 8 01:17:56 PDT 2015

On 05/08/2015 03:46 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I was helping someone on IRC today to install from ubuntugis unstable.
> It's not working because gdal for trusty was just updated to 1.11.2
>
> So I looked at the qgis package on my machine and it saying
> depends:libgdal.so.1-1.11.1
>
> It struck me as odd that the qgis package specified a specific so
> version. Can someone look into this and fix it?

libgdal.so.1-1.11.1 is a virtual package provided by libgdal1h of the
same source package.

The virtual package dependencies are added to ease transition tracking
for packages that depend on the C++ symbols in libgdal.so.

Every time a new minor version of gdal is uploaded all reverse
dependencies that use on C++ symbols need to be rebuilt. The packages
that rely on C++ symbols can be determined by their dependency on the
libgdal.so.1-<VERSION> virtual package.

For backgrounds on this virtual package see:

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1