[Ubuntu] GDAL 2.0, QGIS updates

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:08:17 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Bas Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 2016-02-11 17:32, Alex Mandel wrote:
>>
>> Can someone remind me. Do we have a timeline for getting newer GDAL and
>> QGIS into ubuntugis-unstable?

We mostly need people to do it. Currently osgeo live is more up to
date than ubuntugis. I'm in favor of copying everything from the last
release to -stable and from the upcoming release to -unstable. I can
do this if noone objects.

This only affects trusty. Given that wily has rather recent packages
already I don't think we should focus on providing packages there.
Energy should now probably be spent in making sure that Xerial, the
next LTS release is well tested and has the packages we want. The
debian import freeze is later this month, so now is the last time to
act.

Kind Regards,
Johan