[Ubuntu] creating GRASS packages for UbuntuGIS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 04:26:22 PST 2016

Hi all,

first of all, sorry for cross-posting. I would like to contribute to
UbuntuGIS project and maintain up-to-date GRASS packages. Based on
discussion with Sebastiaan Couwenberg (thanks), I started with cloning
alioth.debian.org git repository. Afterwards I created new branch for
`ubuntugis/wily` [1] (from `experimental` branch).

At this point I am not sure how to continue (sorry, I have only little
experience with Launchpad packaging [1]). Thanks for any pointers in
advance!

Martin

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/log/?h=ubuntugis/wily
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DebianUbuntuPackaging#Buildpackagefromtarball