[Ubuntu] creating GRASS packages for UbuntuGIS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 05:10:33 PST 2016

Hi,

[...]

> The grass packaging already has branches with the 'ubuntugis/' prefix,
> so it's fine to keep using those.

OK, thanks for clarification.

>> At this point I am not sure how to continue (sorry, I have only little
>> experience with Launchpad packaging [1]). Thanks for any pointers in
>> advance!
>
> Will you only maintain GRASS 7.0 in UbuntuGIS?
> Or do you also intend to use this packaging for 7.1?

Only stable releases (currently 7.0). Development daily builds I would
keep on Launchpad [1]. BTW, I am planning to rename that package
(grass7-daily) to `grass-daily`.

>  https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-packaging
>
> You need to have a cowbuilder chroot for the Ubuntu distributions you
> intend to build and upload the package for. In these chroots you need to
> enable the ubuntugis-unstable PPA for the dependencies. Because

I end up with

export DIST=wily ; sudo cowbuilder --create --distribution=$DIST
--basepath=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-$DIST.cow
 -> Invoking pbuilder
  forking: pbuilder create --buildplace
/var/cache/pbuilder/base-wily.cow --mirror
http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/ --architecture amd64 --distribution
wily --no-targz --extrapackages cowdancer
I: Running in no-targz mode
I: Distribution is wily.
I: Current time: Sat Jan  9 13:41:47 CET 2016
I: pbuilder-time-stamp: 1452343307
I: Building the build environment
I: running debootstrap
/usr/sbin/debootstrap
I: Retrieving Release
E: Failed getting release file
http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/dists/wily/Release

The mirror points to debian instead of ubuntu. I don't know why. Here
is my pbuilderrc file [2]. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance! Martin

[1] https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/ubuntu/grass-devel
[1] http://geo102.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa/tmp/pbuilderrc

--