[Ubuntu] creating GRASS packages for UbuntuGIS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 03:17:27 PST 2016

Hi,

> I don't have time for an extensive review of the draft right now, but some
> initial comments follow.

first of all, thanks for useful comments!

> So instead of:
>
>  git checkout -b ubuntugis/wily experimental
>
> You should use:
>
>  git checkout -b ubuntugis/wily debian/7.0.3.rc1-1.exp2

OK, changed.

> Instead of using `dch -i` to create the new changelog entry, you should
> specify the version instead:
>
>  dch -v 7.0.3~rc1-1~wily1
>
> The default increment used by `dch -i` is not appropriate for UbuntuGIS
> backports.

OK, changed.

> When the packaging lives on a non-default branch (i.e. not master), you need
> to document the branch in the Vcs-Git URL and gbp.conf. See this commit for
> example:
>

> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/commit/?h=experimental&id=a32ba58d0e41e41b3c4608a1ee4d926fecc96d18

OK, done for ubuntugis/wily in [1]. I was just surprised that `git
commit` also push changes to the origin. So `git push` is not needed,
right?

> As mentioned before [0]:
>
> "
>  The Get lines for ppa.launchpad.net are for the othermirror you specified.
>
>  There is only ossim for wily, most UbuntuGIS packages are for the LTS
> releases.
>

> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable/+packages
> "

Sorry, I overlooked this issue, thanks for patience.

> Did you notice the lintian warnings in your build log?

No, I checked for lintian and didn't find anything about warning? What
do you mean exactly?

Thanks! Martin

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/commit/debian?h=ubuntugis%2Fwily
[2] http://geo102.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa/tmp/log.packager