[Ubuntu] creating GRASS packages for UbuntuGIS

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 17 04:09:10 PST 2016

On 17-01-16 12:45, Martin Landa wrote:
>>> And so the correct revision for the UbuntuGIS backport is
>>> 7.0.3~rc2-1~exp1~wily1.
>>
>> OK, thanks for explanation. Martin
>
> I changed the GRASS how-to include `exp1` in tag names. What I do not
> understand when to use `exp` in tag/package names and when not. My
> work will be based on `exp` tags [1], so I should include `exp` in
> tag/package names always? Sorry, it's still not clear to me. So the
> next GRASS stable version in LTS will be `7.0.3-1~exp1~trusty1`? Ma
>
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DebianUbuntuPackaging#Mergechangesrelatedtogiventag

When you're backporting an upload to the Debian archive for UbuntuGIS
you append ~<distribution>1 to the package version, always.

So if you're backporting an experimental upload which includes ~expN in
its version you keep that, and when you're backporting an upload to
unstable which doesn't include ~expN in its version, you still append
~<distribution>1 to the version.

I may skip the experimental upload for 7.0.3 final, and upload 7.0.3-1
to unstable directly instead of uploading 7.0.3-1~exp1 to experimental
first. We only have to rebuild libgdal-grass since qgis will be removed
from the archive on the 26th, so we don't have much of a transition to
coordinate.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--